21 Sept 2000

Tuesday had a meeting in Bristol. We took the train through a verdant green, foggy countryside to the city infamous for its underground music scene (think Massive Attack, Goldie, Tricky, etc.) but, as we were there only for the morning, we didn't get to experience it. The train passed through Bath, one of England's first planned cities with its sparkling rows of Georgian houses and cathedral spire. Must plan a weekend trip soon. I always enjoy train rides through England -- even when one must pass through areas like Swindon.



Flathunting is proceeding slowly. The market's incredibly active -- which means flats are snatched up before one has the chance to see anything. Saw one flat in Farringdon. They wanted £300ppw for a flat smaller than what I've got now, that had no eating area, was in a dingy building on a busy road, and had a view of the Royal Mail parking lot. When I suggested I was looking for a better view, the agent said, "well, all the red trucks ARE cheery." I wonder if I shouldn't stay the winter in South Kensington.



Not quite sure about the new Madonna CD -- it has it's moments, but isn't as immediately likable as Ray of Light -- maybe I'm too old for the club music thing.

No comments: