6 Jan 2001

Ho ho home for the holidays. Days on the couch at mom's. Dinners with Mel, Dave, and Rich and Sara. Lovely party at Paul's. Drinks with Kelly and her new beau, Michael. Shopping. Swimming. Beautiful California sun. New Year's Eve with the beautiful people, Kerri Applebaum and David Harrison. Bad fish. Food poisoning. Laying around Kate and Anne's watching Iron Chef. Being bumped to business class on the way home.

Things I got: Gloves, a fleece vest, seafood utensils, a leather wallet, tickets to Mamma Mia, books, a hat, a piece of Lindlar pottery, a Kerseg calendar, candy.

Things I learned: Christmas isn't about the things I got, but the people I saw and get to spend too little time with. It's ok to love San Francisco and not want to live there. I miss sushi and sunshine. I like being able to drive everywhere. I like coming back to England.

New Year's resolution: to have a better year.

No comments: