17 Apr 2001

Tried several times to update this page -- Blogger isn't happy.

The recap: Andy G. came to London in March and spent a week keeping me up late, eating curries, shopping, and barhopping. I had a tremendous time. It's a bit of a stress having houseguests, but it's also time we can catch up with everything (we hadn't really spent that time in a couple of years) and I missed that we used to be closer.

Organic went through another round of redundancies. This kept me hugely occupied and anxious for the whole of March. As a department head I was in some very difficult discussions. We had a voluntary programme in London, however, which was far gentler and allowed people to make a decision to have a life change.

To combat the stress of the whole thing I went to Paris. Stayed in Montparnasse and shopped, walked, ate, and flirted with the French -- especially the very dapper Benoit. I just adore Paris and hope, at some point in my life, to live there. Not that I don't adore this country, but Paris is an altogether more sensual place. The trick will be to live a Parisian life in London.

I'm trying to not use exclamation points after someone pointed out how often I did!

Had a domestic weekend. Went to see the gloriously gothic Shockheaded Peter with a colleague and her visiting boyfriend and spent the night in the bar at St. Martin's Lane Hotel getting reacquainted with Ketel One martinis. Then bought a Dyson vacuum and realised how little dust and debris my old vacuum was picking up (it was disgusting.)

That's all the news I'm going to give anyone. More soon.

No comments: