23 Jul 2001

Art buying day. I just two pieces of photographic art. The first as a present, so I can't give too many details, but you can see Chris Honeysett's work online. A work colleauge told me about his images, which he painstakingly prints himself. I also bought a Datura photograph from my former mentor and friend, Doris Mitsch. Her work, besides being visually beautiful has an intriguing concept: the datura flowers are both a hallucinagetic aphrodiasiac and a heart-stopping poison.



Spent the weekend doing as little as possible. We went to the Willliam IV on Friday night for a big boozy dinner and stayed until after midnight. Then I had a leisurely afternoon shopping and having coffee in a Kensington cafe, enjoying the very brief appearance of the sun.



I'm embarrassed. At the other end of the cultural scale I not only watched, but l laughed my way through Jackass, MTV's adolescent show of people doing remarkably stupid stunts -- riding tricycles down steep cliffs and unicycles near polluted cestpools. There's very little redeeming about it, but it help let off some steam. Maybe I'm becoming lowbrow.

No comments: