25 May 2008

On being evicted



The landlord has sold this flat so after three years, and the longest residency of my adult life, I need to find a new place to live.

At first I was blue. The tedium of finding a new flat, moving, getting cable and Broadband and whatnot up and running. I liked this flat with its modern impracticalities, it's undeniable conveniences, thick soundless walls, amiable concierges, dishwasher, and cosiness.

But then the construction work started at 8am on Saturday and I got over it.

Now, I'm more violet. This flat always was too small. I'm not particularly fond of Edgware Road. It's time for something new.

The real bugger is that had this happened last month, work would've paid for a relocation agent.

So after the long weekend and a week in New York I need to start flathunting again. Decide where and what. I'm thinking London Bridge, South Kensington or St. John's Wood. Near or on the Jubilee Line and a quick hop to work.

No comments: