7 Sept 2001

Day five. Last night I forced myself to go out again. At sunset I went to a funny little bar called "Kastro" that sits overlooking the ocean. They open these enormous windows and play classical music and the breeze drifts through and causes the cieling lamps to sway -- the whole thing had a very expressionist Hungarian feel about it. I met a 55 year old queen (with a 21 year old's buffed body) and before I knew it got swept up into his group. He's been here every year since 1980 and seems to know everyone. He calls himself "the catalyst". The group of gay men were men he'd met the night before, the week before, 20 years before and we all went out to dinner and had a howlingly good time. I didn't get home until 2am and am knackered today. Am meant to meet up with them later, but may opt for sitting on my balcony and reading.



Got up late, then went to the Island of Delos, an archaeological site that was once the Ancient Greek Holy Island. Walked around for two hours admiring the ruins (and feeling a bit like one myself)taking pictures. It's strange to walk all over something thats beena ruin long before there was civilisation in Europe!



Now it's time to find a little bit of lunch then return to the hotel to lay by the pool.



I like this life of leisure!

No comments: