6 Feb 2003

So America's getting its first view of the Michael Jackson interview with Martin Bashir. I wonder what the reaction will be. It's interesting that the UK can be easily whipped into a frenzy but is willing to forgive a man who admits to letting children sleep in his bed because of "naivete" and "innocence." If it had been any other man in the country he would have been lynched by now. At the worst Jackson demonstrates such shocking delusional behaviour that one can hardly believe anything claims of how harmless and non-sexual he is -- making him a predatory threat. At the very least, he's potentially endangering the children by letting them think that they can get into a bed with a 44 year old man and not come to any harm. I also feel extremely sorry for his children who are growing up with no role models other than an emotionally stunted delusional freak for a father.



Enough of that. It was mah jongg night last night, but as I had the set and had to work until late, we never played. I'm forgetting everything as time goes and need a refresher soon. But this weekend is jam packed with visits form old colleagues and a group outing to see the Eva Hesse show at the Tate. And generaly walking around my flat in my underwear as my houseguests will all have gone.

No comments: