27 Jan 2005

I'm giving a speech at a Bima event tonight and I've not yet finished it and I'm, instead, emailing and having coffee and whatnot. We finished a big pitch for BT yesterday and I'm knackered and not feeling either clever or insightful so it's a struggle. I really want to go home and nap for the day and not be preparing to trade bon mots with a panel of people likely to rip apart the proposed talk that my predecessor created and which I'm obligated to defend.



The nice thing about it, however, is that it's historical in perspective so I've had a good root through some of my very earliest websites. They're so simple and innocent and uncomplicated and still somehow smart and effective. They also remind me of the heady days of the Web (when my friends, by the way, were embarrassed of my job) and when somehow a motley crew of people created an industry out of a medium. Pure stupid luck that I was there and that Doris and Clancy and Organic thought it made sense for me to be part of it. It didn't make me rich. Never made me famous. Probably made me fat, bald, and permanently stressed, but it made a decent living for an art history major and got me to London so I should be, and am, grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://skhutthu.com/ptna/ilnc.html | http://ofwbbhtf.com/jpjt/tenj.html