23 Aug 2001

Bank Holiday Weekend. Hope everyone had a pleasant bank holiday weekend. The weekend that signifies the end of the Summer, the Notting Hill Carnival, and the intense tourist season. I'm glad it's all behind me -- I love Autumn and the fact that a week from now I'll be sitting on a beach in Mykonos.



The weekend was fairly civilised. Robert arrived on Saturday and lugged his bags through the heatwave to my little flat. He arrived hot and tired and needing to rest. We watched Quills, the Kate Winslet Marquis de Sade vehicle. It's a quirky little film that's neither dark nor graphic enough to be remarkable. It did, however, make me think that Joaquin Phoenix is a babe! We then ate dinner in Maida Vale and headed up to the north, north, north part of London for a BBQ in West Finchley. I'm glad we went because very few Organic people did (shame, shame) and Kirsty, our media planner/buyer is a lovely person. But it was still hot out and the wine wasn't cold and it all made me very sleepy.



Sunday we laid around watching the EastEnders omnibus (an entire week's worth of episodes shown in a row without commercial interruption) until Robert danced off to Northampton (by all accounts, charmless Northampton) to join the elderly parade through Althrop, Diana's resting place. I watched tv and went to bed early. Monday was just shopping for my upcoming holiday and working on my website.



There are now pictures of Edinburgh in the Images section.

No comments: