9 Aug 2001

We had a heatwave. Now we're having rainstorms. The never predictable weather is dumping inches of cold rain on us not days after the heatwave. I'm wearing a sweater.



I spent the weekend re-discovering my inner diva -- some brilliant mind thought of renting a karaoke machine for our quaterly party on Friday and we were here until 2am screeching random songs like rock stars. It was such fun, and I was rather fearless about singing, which was a nice reminder that I used to have talent. High point a very sentimental solo California Dreaming and the dance mix to Dont Cry for Me Argentina, the low point: the all-white version of No Woman, No Cry (we should have been shot).



Sunday we had an unusually gorgeous sunny day so I went off to see the Courtauld at Somerset House on the banks of the Thames. The continental courtyard was packed with children playing in the geyser-like fountains. The collections are diverse, form the truly tacky Gilbert Collection to the stunning Hermitage rooms. Then went to visit the other homosexuals at Heals to buy little household gadgets.

No comments: