17 Aug 2001

Went last night to 10 Tokyo Joe's the bare, plain, uninspiring, and badly ventilated nightclub for a client's marketing party and had a brilliant time. Lots of very fun people and free wine and good dance music. Spent quite a while talking to a very cute account handler from another agency who I told I had been skydiving several times, only to find out he had done over 175 jumps and was off to Perris Valley to do 50 more jumps in five days. Apparently, I'm a liar now as well. I would no sooner jump out of an airplane than jump off a bridge. Oh well, it meant I got to hold his attention for a while, which was lovely.



Off tonight, hungover and tired, to Edinburgh for the Festival. Have tickets for such interesting things as Her Aching Heart (a musical told with glove puppets) something called Wiping My Mother's Arse (which I'm hoping isn't told with glove puppets) and Priorite a Gauche (a play of two English men pretending to be French rap stars touring England.) I'll report back on Monday. Happy weekend.

No comments: